Date: Thu, 9 Dec 2004 21:36:22 +0200
From: Ruslan Radvansky <ruslan@...l.lviv.ua>
To: owl-users@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: Rpm updating bug?

Hello owl-users,

  I have download and compile latest sources for Owl
  When I try to install it I have following trouble:
owlbuild!root:~# rpm -U /usr/src/world/RPMS/rpm-*
error: failed dependencies:
        librpm.so.0 is needed by rpm-build-4.2-owl1
        librpm.so.0 is needed by rpm-build-4.2-owl1
owlbuild!root:~# rpm -U --nodeps /usr/src/world/RPMS/rpm-*
The old RPM database (db1 format) was found.  Unfortunately, we cannot
automatically convert this database during installation of this
package due to a "chicken and egg" problem.  To convert old RPM database
to the new database format extract "rpmd" binary from this package and
run "rpmd --rebuild" manually.
execution of rpm-4.2-owl1 script failed, exit status 1
When I extract rpmd
owlbuild!root:~# /var/tmp/usr/lib/rpm/rpmd --rebuild
--rebuild: unknown option
owlbuild!root:~# /var/tmp/usr/lib/rpm/rpmd --rebuilddb
[skip many lines]
error: unrecognized db option: "db3" ignored.
error: unrecognized db option: "db3" ignored.
error: unrecognized db option: "db3" ignored.
error: cannot open Triggername index using db1 - Invalid argument (22)
error: unrecognized db option: "db3" ignored.
error: unrecognized db option: "db3" ignored.
error: unrecognized db option: "db3" ignored.
error: unrecognized db option: "db3" ignored.
[skip many lines]
   As long as I can understand, Owl use db3 rpm database named as db1
 database and install script failed.

 What I need to do that I can update my Owl system

--
Best regards,
 Ruslan                          mailto:ruslan@...l.lviv.ua