Date: Thu, 21 Oct 2004 22:41:17 +0200
From: misiu_ <misiu_@....de>
To: owl-users@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: Re: installed and chrooted and now?

O.k. i tried just to install it like it is written in the install
README.
but it did not work.

my /owl/etc/lilo.conf looks like this

boot=/dev/hda

image=/boot/bzImage
	label=Linux
	read-only
	root=/dev/hda3

the errormsg that i get is

Warning:LBA32 addressing is assumed
Added Linux *
Syntax error at or above line 7 in file /etc/lilo.conf

misiu

Am Do, den 21.10.2004 schrieb Solar Designer um 1:52:
> Michael,
>
> On Thu, Oct 21, 2004 at 03:38:00AM +0400, Michael Tokarev wrote:
> > You booted from CD-Rom drive, right?
> > Lilo tries to determine the boot drive (the one which was
> > used to boot the system this time) and write the stuff to
> > it.  I guess you have to add two more directives into
> > lilo.conf:
> >
> >  disk=/dev/hda bios=0x80
>
> This shouldn't be needed to get Owl installed, really.  The lilo.conf
> generated by our "setup" program should be OK.
>
> I'm fairly certain that misiu simply entered the wrong device name
> somewhere.  It would be helpful to see his /owl/etc/lilo.conf in its
> entirety.

Download attachment "signature.asc" of type "application/pgp-signature" (190 bytes)