Date: Mon, 20 Sep 2004 18:42:45 +0400
From: Solar Designer <solar@...nwall.com>
To: owl-users@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: Re: Check information about last update in http://distrowatch.com/table.php?distribution=openwall

Hi,

On Mon, Sep 20, 2004 at 09:29:28AM -0300, heraldo.filho@...erig.com.br wrote:
> Check information about last update in http://distrowatch.com/table.php?distribution=openwall
>
> http://www.openwall.com/Owl/CHANGES-current.shtml  2004/08/16
>
> http://distrowatch.com/table.php?distribution=openwall   Last Update: Saturday 26 June 2004 06:44 GMT

...and your point is?

DistroWatch doesn't currently watch "current" or "stable" branches of
Owl, it only watches releases.  Our last release was 1.1.

And to answer another possible question, -- no, the project hasn't
been idle for the last month.  In fact, development has been more
active than during the months before.  But as we proceeded to break
things severely by updating to new gcc, glibc, auto*, and RPM (just to
name a few), the publicly visible Owl-current has been frozen until
the worst issues introduced into the "real current" are resolved.

Yes, those who want stability are better to stick to 1.1-stable rather
than update to the next Owl-current snapshot we'll put out.

--
Alexander Peslyak <solar at openwall.com>
GPG key ID: B35D3598  fp: 6429 0D7E F130 C13E C929  6447 73C3 A290 B35D 3598