Date: Tue, 17 Aug 2004 03:17:10 +0400
From: Solar Designer <solar@...nwall.com>
To: owl-users@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: Re: CD with live OWL

On Mon, Aug 16, 2004 at 10:56:16AM +0200, Adam Sosnowski wrote:
> > Well, you could just as easily have Owl run off a hard drive mounted
> > read-only + a ramdisk for run-time files.
>
> Is it big issue to do it. I never thought about it.

It depends on your experience.  The easiest approach is to fake an Owl
CD-ROM setup on your hard drive.  Please note that I won't have the
time to guide you through this, -- so, unless someone else would
volunteer to help, you're on your own with this.

> > Yes, you could do that, by simply modifying our ISOs with the settings
> > you require:
>
> Yahoo !! I like that. Thanks. Two question :
> 1. how can I bypass "CTRL-D" that system will go into run level 3 ?

I've already provided instructions for this: you remove "single" from
the kernel's options and re-generate the floppy image.

> 2. can I hide all information which appears after login as root ?

As indicated by your other posting, you've already found out the
answer to this.

--
/sd