Date: Mon, 12 Jul 2004 16:46:03 +0200
From: Andreas Ericsson <ae@....se>
To: owl-users@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: Re: Hosting may be OT

Marious S wrote:

> Hi folks.
>
> Sorry if this is OT but I have torn the web apart looking and thought this may
> be a good place to get help.
>
> I am curious if I can find anyone other than dataforce (website is in Russian)
> which uses Owl for rented hosting for a small company (The cost of running
> internally are prohibitive in Cyprus even though we run Owl on most boxes
> here.)
>
> Any way of finding another Owl box abroad?:)

We ship it as base OS of all of our network monitoring and statistics
gathering tools. That makes for about 40 servers running Owl in critical
deployment, ranging from banking and meteorological science institutes
to schools, city networks, industry process surveillance and various law
enforcement institutions.

If you're looking for Apache for Owl, I've packaged it and made it
publicly available (along with some other things) at
http://devel.op5.se/RPMS and http://devel.op5.se/SRPMS for binary and
source rpms respectively. There's also a PHP package for it, with quite
a bunch of loadable modules.

--
Sourcerer / Andreas Ericsson
OP5 AB