Date: Wed, 28 Apr 2004 23:16:08 +0400
From: Solar Designer <solar@...nwall.com>
To: owl-users@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: Re: Mirror Monitoring

Hi,

On Wed, Apr 28, 2004 at 04:48:33PM +0200, Andreas Ericsson wrote:
> I've added the Owl mirrors to our monitoring program.
>
> To check the status of the different mirrors, visit the link below.
>
> Username: owl
> Password: owl
> https://monitor.op5.se/monitor/cgi-bin/status.cgi?hostgroup=owl%5Fmirrors&style=detail

Looks nice and may be quite useful.

Would it be possible to also make this available via http:// and not
just https:// (the certificate is signed by your private CA so can't
be verified anyway and only causes warning messages from browsers; and
there's no private information in there anyway).

Also, it'd be great if no login was required to access that page, --
I would then be able to conveniently link it from the Openwall mirrors
web page.

> The server is located in Stockholm in Sweden, in case anybody was
> wondering why response times seem weird.

They don't seem weird to me.

P.S. When you post to this mailing list, please do so from your
subscribed e-mail address.  Otherwise, your messages get queued for
moderation and might get lost in the piles of spam that I receive.
(I've just added the e-mail address you've posted this from to the
allow list, but anyway...)

--
Alexander Peslyak <solar@...nwall.com>
GPG key ID: B35D3598  fp: 6429 0D7E F130 C13E C929  6447 73C3 A290 B35D 3598