Date: Tue, 23 Dec 2003 02:53:59 +0100
From: Maciek Pasternacki <maciekp@...hy.fnord.org>
To: owl-users@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: Re: Openwall GNU/*/Linux (Owl) 1.1 release

On Boomtime, The Aftermath 65, 3169 YOLD, Solar Designer wrote:

> After another year of development Owl 1.1 release is finally out.

Is there any chance that Owl will include Perl in newer version than
current 5.6.0?  I am running Jabber server on Owl and some transports
written in Perl require libraries working only with Perl 5.6.1 or
later.  As for now I have Perl 5.8 installed from source in
/opt/perl58 and I use it only for these transports, but I'd be very
glad to have more recent version of the interpreter in the distribution.

Greets,
		--japhy

--
__    Maciek Pasternacki <maciekp@...hy.fnord.org> [ http://japhy.fnord.org/ ]
`| _   |_\  / { -It's possible that people in my life are actually detrimental