Date: Wed, 26 Nov 2003 19:27:21 +0100 (CET)
From: Andreas Ericsson <exon@....se>
To: owl-users@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: Re: Bug in Postfix remove script

> On Wed, Nov 26, 2003 at 05:44:15PM +0100, Andreas Ericsson wrote:
> > > -	rmdir /var/spool/postfix/[^m]*
> > > +	rmdir /var/spool/postfix/[^m]* || true
>
> > This will cause rpm to happily move on no matter what the error, which
> > isn't the intended behaviour.
>
> Actually it is.

Then what's the point of having rpm break on errors?

> The purpose of this rmdir is to remove directories which are empty,
> but leave around those which aren't such that you don't lose your
> queued e-mail messages just because you happened to (temporarily?)
> uninstall Postfix.

And with the fix, everything but the 'maildrop' directory and
any directory the user hasn't got access to will be removed.
Isn't that the general idea? (I'm trying to learn something here)

> If you install Postfix but don't use it and just uninstall, then
> everything gets removed cleanly.

With exception of the rare times when installation halts before or
during %post due to some error or the user pressing Ctrl-C because
they don't want postfix.

/Andreas

--
"Woohoo!! ... Doh!"