Date: Wed, 26 Nov 2003 20:54:37 +0300
From: Solar Designer <solar@...nwall.com>
To: owl-users@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: Re: Bug in Postfix remove script

On Wed, Nov 26, 2003 at 04:47:16PM +0100, Maciek Pasternacki wrote:
> I use Owl with qmail as MTA, so I don't need Postfix on my system;
> when I try to uninstall Postfix, rpm script quits with an error
> message:
>
> rmdir: `/var/spool/postfix/[^m]*': No such file or directory
>
> When I create any subdirectory under /var/spool/postfix not starting
> with `m', everything works fine, but IMHO this is a bug in Postfix'
> preun script.

Thank you for reporting this.  However, I cannot reproduce it here.

Those directories are normally created by the invocation of
"/usr/sbin/postfix check" from the %post script.  This means that if
you've installed Postfix cleanly and didn't mess with the install, it
will also uninstall cleanly.  It does here.

--
Alexander Peslyak <solar@...nwall.com>
GPG key ID: B35D3598  fp: 6429 0D7E F130 C13E C929  6447 73C3 A290 B35D 3598