Date: Wed, 11 Jun 2003 05:08:49 +0400
From: Solar Designer <solar@...nwall.com>
To: owl-users@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: Re: PPP

On Mon, Jun 09, 2003 at 05:09:31PM +0200, Fridtjof Busse wrote:
> Is there any way to install Owl with ppp/pppoe out of the box, i.e.
> without installing it manually after having installed Owl?

No, we don't provide them out of the box yet.

> I didn't find a ppp-package, so it seems not to be possible.
> Will this package maybe added in the future?

ppp -- yes, quite likely.
pppoe -- probably not, although you're not the first one asking.

Meanwhile, the ppp package found in Red Hat Rawhide builds on Owl
without a single problem (rpminit; rpm --rebuild ppp-*.src.rpm).

> BTW: When will postfix be updated to 2.0 or at least 1.1? This 1999
> build is really old now :)

Well, the patchlevel and back-ports we're using are newer than that,
but you're right in that it's high time to get it updated.

> Especially the proxymap in 2.0 is very useful for chroot-setup.

We're working on an update to 2.0.x.  Yes, the new package will use
proxymap.

As for a time estimate, I don't know.  This depends on a volunteer
who's doing it in his spare time.  But it's on my list of things which
need to be done before Owl 1.1 and I wouldn't want to delay that for
too long.

--
Alexander Peslyak <solar@...nwall.com>
GPG key ID: B35D3598  fp: 6429 0D7E F130 C13E C929  6447 73C3 A290 B35D 3598