Date: Tue, 3 Dec 2002 18:50:56 +0000 (GMT)
From: Kurt Johnson <gorydetailz@...oo.co.uk>
To: owl-users@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: question on 2.4.20-ow0

Hello everyone,

Im not sure this is even the appropriate forum to pose
this question, but anyway, I hope someone here can
help me out on this :)

Im trying to apply 2.4.20-ow0 patch on top of
2.4.20-aa1 (Its vanilla 2.4.20 plus Andrea Arcangeli's
-aa1), and it applies mostly cleanly, with some
offset. I have only one reject, and it isnt apparent
to me (mind you Im not the most skilled kernel
programmer in the world) how to resolve it. I'm
attaching the .rej file, plus the snippet of the
actual code from processor.h of -aa tree, in hope
anyone can help me. A little more insight,
__TASK_UNMAPPED_BASE is defined according to .config
and Im using CONFIG_3GB (and not CONFIG_05GB),
therefore the correct define of __TASK_UNMAPPED_BASE
for me is (TASK_SIZE / 3).

Any sugestions/pointers would be much appreciated :)
And please forgive me if it is not appropriate for
this mailing list, I really dont know of anywhere else
to ask.

Regards,

//kj

ps: Andrea's patches are on kernel.org/pub/linux/kernel/people/andrea/kernels/v2.4