Date: Tue, 23 Jul 2002 11:08:05 +0200
From: Janusz <januz@....uni.torun.pl>
To: owl-users@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: tftp -- suggestion please

Hi,

after repeating problems with utftpd, I need to replace it with something
more reliable. I've been playing with several tftp daemons, but didn't
find anything I'd be satisfied with.

Here are my requirements:
1. It HAS to run in standalone mode. I use daemontools to run and
   control my daemons, and thus find xinetd unnecessary.
2. It HAS to run in foreground (otherwise supervise won't be able to
   control it).
3. It would be nice if it were runnig chroot-ed and with non-root
   priviledges.

All the daemons I've been testing don't behave properly in standalone
mode. Either their children don't die cleanly, or the daemon itself
doesn't start as it should, unwilling to remain in foreground (and controlled
by supervise).

Any suggestions ?
Thanks in advance,

Janusz