Date: Mon, 1 Jul 2002 17:41:23 +0400
From: Solar Designer <solar@...nwall.com>
To: owl-users@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: Re: VPN software

On Mon, Jul 01, 2002 at 01:25:08PM +0200, Radek Michalski wrote:
> Does Owl has got some kind of VPN software reccomended to make virtual
> networks?
> I want to use FreeS/WAN and want to make sure of there's no other software
> already included in Owl (or as a package grabbed from Owl ftp).

We don't package such software yet, although we may do so in the
future.  At the moment I'm not sure whether we'll go with CIPE or
FreeS/WAN.

BTW, our userland includes patches to losetup and mount to support the
international (crypto) kernel patch (encrypted filesystems).  And the
kernel patch includes CIPE.  So that may better fit the "one way to do
a thing" / "one implementation of a feature" rule.

Feedback from the Owl user community is welcome and may well affect
the decision.

--
/sd