Date: Mon, 23 Jul 2018 13:24:30 +0300
From: Sergey Kurokhtin <don.sergio.q@...il.com>
To: owl-dev@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: e2fsprogs package update

Hello colleagues,

It's nice to become a part of the Owl team.

I've started to pack the latest version (1.44.3) of the e2fsprogs for Owl.
Here some technical questions appeared during the building process:

1. e2fsprogs-1.44.3 can't be built without the '-std=gnu99' (or c99) key in
CFLAGS.

e2freefrag.c: In function 'scan_online':
e2freefrag.c:202:36: error: 'ULLONG_MAX' undeclared (first use in this
function)
e2freefrag.c:202:36: note: each undeclared identifier is reported only once
for each function it appears in

Is it correct to add this key to the .spec file as shown below:

%build
export CC="%__cc -std=gnu99"

or it should be specified in the other place?

2. Just two patches of five from the previous package version are applied
correctly during the RPM building.

Succeeded:
e2fsprogs-1.41.5-owl-blkid-env.diff
e2fsprogs-1.41.5-owl-tests.diff

Failed:
e2fsprogs-1.41.14-owl-warnings.diff
e2fsprogs-1.41.14-up-fix-computation.diff
e2fsprogs-1.41.5-alt-fixes.diff

So, should I try to implement those patches or just skip it?
I think the latter is more preferable :)

3. 'make check' shows 344 test succeeded and 4 failed.
Failed tests are

f_opt_extent
m_hugefile
t_disable_mcsum_noinitbg
t_enable_mcsum

Should I investigate why those tests are failed or modify them like
'bigarray' test in the e2fsprogs-1.41.5-owl-tests patch to suppress error
messages?

4. The e4defrag uses the fallocate64() function which is absent in our
library. We have fallocate() and posix_fallocate() only. The macros
generating the error message is

#ifndef HAVE_FALLOCATE64
#error fallocate64 not available!
#endif /* ! HAVE_FALLOCATE64 */

What's the best way to fix it? I added the key '--disable-defrag' to the
configure in the .spec file to build package for now.

5. I spotted the small issue with RELEASE-NOTES - it's the hard-link to the
doc/RelNotes/v1.44.3.txt. So the 'bzip -9k' fails during the RPM building
because of two links to the file. This issue fixed by adding '-f' key to
the bzip command in .spec.
Btw, do we really need to bzip RELEASE-NOTES?

6. There are many warnings like shown below

In file included from ../../lib/ext2fs/ext2fs.h:97:0,
                 from mkquota.c:15:
../../lib/ext2fs/hashmap.h:21:9: warning: unknown option after '#pragma GCC
diagnostic' kind [-Wpragmas]

during the make process. This issue don't fail the make process but looks
not good.
So how I can suppress or fix it?

Any ideas and suggestions are appreciated.

With best regards
Sergey Kurokhtin aka Sergio.

Content of type "text/html" skipped