Date: Mon, 26 Jan 2015 07:56:36 +0300
From: "(GalaxyMaster)" <galaxy@...nwall.com>
To: owl-dev@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: Re: sqlite

Solar,

On Mon, Jan 12, 2015 at 03:28:26AM +0300, Solar Designer wrote:
> In sqlite.spec, you wrote:
>
> # Source: http://www.sqlite.org/2013/sqlite-autoconf-3080200.tar.gz
> Source: %name-%version.tar.xz

You are correct.  I'll adjust the package to use the original tarball.
The reason for the repackaging was that it was a bit harder to convert
between the %version and that XYYZZPP versioning used by SQLite than
simply repackage the tarball with the <name>-<version> convention.

However, I see your point and agree that such a repackaging makes it
much harder to verify the authenticity of the sources.  Will figure
something out to make the conversion of %version to SQLite's version
string.

--
(GM)