Date: Sat, 12 Jul 2014 21:18:34 +0400
From: "(GalaxyMaster)" <galaxy@...nwall.com>
To: owl-dev@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: Re: recent updates

On Sat, Jul 12, 2014 at 06:57:13PM +0400, Solar Designer wrote:
> Thanks!  I saw some weird stuff in your commits, on which I'll likely
> comment later.

I'll gladly accept your comments.  There are some things I made as a
transition from the old RPM to the new -- all this %def_with/%def_enable
will go away soon.

I wrote:
> > Currently, the 'make installworld' procedure has not been addressed, i.e.
> > it's likely broken.  This is the only part (as far as I know) that left
> > to be fixed.  I'm working on it.

This is now fixed and committed.  However, I'm not very happy with the
way I did it, it's more like a band-aid.  Truth to be told, our previous
extraction of RPM was broken even worse.  At least my current
implementation relies on bash, dd, and xz on the host system and
extracts all dependencies, where the original one was using host's
rpm2cpio and was extracting rpm binaries only (forgetting about
dependencies like libpopt, etc.).

--
(GM)