Date: Sat, 14 Jun 2014 15:43:07 +0400
From: "(GalaxyMaster)" <galaxy@...nwall.com>
To: owl-dev@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: massive Owl userland updates

Hi,

This is to let you know that I'm about to start to off-load stuff I was
preparing for months.  I was waiting for Solar's kernel update (which is
now committed -- Thanks, BTW!).

The first batch will be auto* tools and m4 to bring the build system to
the level to be able to built other stuff.

The next batch will include the latest gcc and the corresponding
dependencies.

After that it will be "a package a day" rally to update some other
packages like postfix, coreutils, etc.

I'm going to do a full 'make buildworld' of a system consisting of
Owl-current + the batch I'm about to commit.  Then, I'll adjust the
packages affected by the software in the batch and will do another
iteration.  This will be performed for both 32 and 64 bit versions.
However, I'd appreciate it if somebody could do their rebuild of the
newly committed stuff just to confirm that it works for you as well as
for me :).

--
(GM)