Date: Thu, 26 Sep 2013 22:37:23 +0400
From: Solar Designer <solar@...nwall.com>
To: owl-dev@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: passwdqc relro

Vasily, Dmitry -

Can one of you reply to this Debian bug, please? -

Looks like the package maintainer finds this difficult to fix.  In
Owl-current, we're doing it system-wide, and IIRC it's the same for
Ubuntu - but apparently not for Debian?  Should we really make the
change in upstream passwdqc, or help Debian folks do it in their
package?  In fact, if relro is part of their policy, why don't they do
it system-wide rather than per package?

I have no time to get into this, which is why I am asking you to take
care of it.

Thanks,

Alexander