Date: Tue, 14 Aug 2012 07:00:12 +0400
From: Solar Designer <>
Subject: __libc_enable_secure with new binutils

Dmitry, Vasily -

After binutils upgrade to (maybe also after Vasily's upgrade
to - I just did not test it) and some Owl rebuilds
(including rebuild of other packages with glibc previously rebuilt with
the new binutils), packages that use __libc_enable_secure have started
to require (and probably
something similar on other archs).  As a workaround, I am thinking of
having our glibc provide it (right from glibc.spec), but what would your
recommended fix be?  Perhaps make __libc_enable_secure more official?

Dmitry - did you run into this issue in ALT Linux?