Date: Fri, 6 Jul 2012 23:50:03 +0400
From: Vasily Kulikov <segoon@...nwall.com>
To: owl-dev@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: Re: status of 2.6.32-based kernel

Hi,

I've successfully built the whole userspace, both x86 and x86_64.
One should build & install libcap first and then build everything else.
The patches are attached (in addition to the previously posted patches).

The kernel successfully boots under Ubuntu userspace (initrd, etc.).
The last problem is booting the kernel under Owl userspace.  Under x86
and x86_64 it panics, in a bit different ways.  Both panics are related
to EVENT_TRACE feature.  Both call stacks show event_trace_init().
Tried both ISO (x86 and x86_64) and installed systems (only x86).

I have a problem identifying the real root of the problem.  Either the
kernel is not buildable or it builds but panics with the same
event_trace_init() in the call stack.

The build log with build error is attached.

Looks like I should go with EVENT_TRACE=n and patch 3-5 source files to
be buildable.

Thanks,

--
Vasily Kulikov

View attachment "kernel" of type "text/plain" (83031 bytes)

View attachment "util-linux-2.11z-owl-ext2_llseek.diff" of type "text/x-diff" (3339 bytes)

View attachment "cdrkit-1.1.11-owl-__le32.diff" of type "text/x-diff" (366 bytes)