Date: Fri, 22 Jun 2012 04:05:13 +0400
From: Solar Designer <solar@...nwall.com>
To: owl-dev@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: Re: procps-3.2.8

Hi Daniel,

On Mon, Jun 18, 2012 at 06:46:51PM +0200, Daniel Cegie?ka wrote:
> I try to prepare an update owl patches to procps-3.2.8.

This sounds good.  What's your reason/motivation to pick up this
specific task now?  Like, are you using Owl and ran into some specific
issue with our older procps that you want to address with this update?
(I think your answer may help me prioritize this task.)

I notice that ALT Linux already uses 3.2.8, so this may be our primary
source of patches:

http://sisyphus.ru/en/srpm/Sisyphus/procps

They use a git tree instead of individual patches now, yet we should
import from there, I think.  Please note that our update to 3.2.5 (some
years ago) was made by Dmitry V. Levin, who is also the maintainer of
ALT's procps package - so the changes ought to be similar and
compatible. ;-)

Thanks,

Alexander