Date: Mon, 20 Feb 2012 16:53:53 +0400
From: Solar Designer <solar@...nwall.com>
To: owl-dev@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: Re: glibc update: rpm && coreutils

On Mon, Feb 20, 2012 at 03:20:54PM +0400, Vasiliy Kulikov wrote:
> I have plenty of pending minor fixes of packages to be buildable under glibc 2.14.1
> and binutils upgrade - glibc on x86_64 is not buildable under binutils of
> Owl-current.
>
> Should I send all of them before the ISO generation, IOW, now?

I am trying to find time to make certain other changes to Owl (such as
for specific issues reported by users - mostly off-list to me,
unfortunately).  If I manage to do that soon enough, then I'd rather not
add extra changes to this same pool - that is, your changes related to
new glibc should better be postponed until after the next set of ISOs.

However, if I fail to find time for that this week anyway, then I'll ask
you to go ahead and commit the glibc-related changes - and I'll work on
more changes at once later.

in here for discussion - if you feel that any discussion might be needed.

Thanks,

Alexander