Date: Wed, 9 Nov 2011 17:16:32 +0400
From: Vasiliy Kulikov <segoon@...nwall.com>
To: owl-dev@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: missing $(CFLAGS) in several specs

Solar,

I've changed optflags in .rpmmacros and checked whether packages
really use it.  The result:

build@...atros:~ $ grep gcc logs/* | grep -v -- -Wl,-z,now  | grep -v ':checking' | cut -d: -f1 | uniq | wc -l
grep: logs/installisotree: Permission denied
grep: logs/installvztree: Permission denied
grep: logs/installworld: Permission denied
119
build@...atros:~ $ ls logs/* | wc -l
168

2/3 packages don't always use our %optflags.

The most frequent case (example):

$(PROGS) $(PROGSUID): $(OBJS)
	$(CC) -o $(@) $(OBJS) $(LIBS) -L../../common/lib -L../lib -l$(TAGDIR) -lsimpleapps

logs/SimplePAMApps:gcc -o passwd passwd.o -lpam -lpam_misc -ldl -L../../common/lib -L../lib -lpamapps -lsimpleapps

No LDFLAGS or CFLAGS.  What's the right pattern for the linkage
invocation of gcc?  Does it need additional $(LDFLAGS) and $(CFLAGS) or
only $(LDFLAGS)?

--
Vasiliy