Date: Mon, 24 Oct 2011 21:32:28 +0400
From: Vasiliy Kulikov <segoon@...nwall.com>
To: owl-dev@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: multiarch (was: mpc, gmp, mpfr, gcc .specs)

Solar,

On Mon, Oct 24, 2011 at 13:21 +0400, Solar Designer wrote:
> Can you also introduce the gmp.h and gmp-mparam.h wrappers from Fedora
> for multilib?  My understanding is that we need those in case a user of
> Owl wants to install both i686 and x86_64 builds of GMP on the same Owl
> userland.

Done.  I wonder whether we need similar fixes for other *-devel rpms.

> We partially support such multilib installs, and it'd make
> sense for us to improve/complete support for them.

Agreed!  There are some current discussions about standartization
arch-dependant pathes for libs, debug files, headers, libraries, etc.  I
think we should reuse as much as possible from other distros.  AFAIK,
Debian is the first distro with true multiach:

http://wiki.debian.org/Multiarch

--
Vasiliy