Date: Fri, 30 Sep 2011 01:38:42 +0400
From: Solar Designer <solar@...nwall.com>
To: owl-dev@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: Re: timezones

On Thu, Sep 29, 2011 at 11:25:13PM +0400, croco@...nwall.com wrote:
> Actually I think it would be better to use MSK

Apparently, this is what happens with updated tzdata.  So you win. :-)

And I totally forgot about needing to have daylight savings switching
working for dates in the past.  We shouldn't use fixed GMT offset
timezones for this reason.

So we simply need to update tzdata.  The only non-trivial part about
this is that we don't have tzdata as a separate package yet.

Alexander