Date: Mon, 25 Apr 2011 19:58:21 +0400
From: Vasiliy Kulikov <segoon@...nwall.com>
To: owl-dev@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: Re: GSoC: overview of grsecurity and -ow patches

On Sat, Apr 23, 2011 at 22:50 +0400, Michael Tokarev wrote:
> Basically,  with KMS, X server does not need any additional privileges.

Yes, except to be able to open some files in /dev/*.

> But in 2.6.32 kernel graphics support is too limited still to
> be useful for real X usage - for modern cards anyway.

In Ubuntu 2.6.32 there is a backported version of nouveau from 2.6.33
kernel.  Maybe something similar we have in RHEL6, I didn't check.

Intel support should be since ~ 2.6.29.  Don't know about ATI, maybe it
is indeed too limited form Xorg.

Thanks,

--
Vasiliy Kulikov

[ CONTENT OF TYPE application/pgp-signature SKIPPED ]