Date: Thu, 21 Apr 2011 14:42:22 +0400
From: gremlin@...mlin.ru
To: owl-dev@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: tcsh

I've just found some annoying configuration errors in /etc/csh.*
files - most of options which are set in csh.login should really
be set in csh.cshrc instead. Of course, I've fixed that. Now the
question is whether someone mind against adding more examples to
csh.cshrc, namely:

alias ls 'ls-F -Ca'
alias ll 'ls-F -la'
alias lh 'ls-F -lha'

unalias d
unalias dir
unalias v
unalias vdir

if ($?prompt) then
# ... skipped ...
        complete cd 'p/1/d/'
        complete exec 'p/1/c/'
        complete which 'n/*/c/'
#       if ( -s ~/.ssh/known_hosts ) then
#               set known_hosts = \
#                       `cat ~/.ssh/known_hosts | sed -re 's, .*,,g;s/,/\n/g;' | sort | uniq`
#               complete ssh 'n/*/$known_hosts/'
#               unset known_hosts
#       endif
endif

... and rewriting the condition checks in a tcsh-specific manner -
like this:

if ( -r "$i" ) then
	source "$i"
endif

... instead of:

test -f $i
if ($status == 0) then
	source $i
endif

Are these ok to commit?
Should ssh host completion be enabled out-of-box?
Also, we may like to apply similar changes to bash configs - do we?

--
Alexey V. Vissarionov aka Gremlin from Kremlin
<gremlin ПРИ gremlin ТЧК ru>