Date: Thu, 7 Apr 2011 00:36:36 -1000
From: cpb@....log2.net
To: Vasiliy Kulikov <segoon@...nwall.com>
Cc: owl-dev@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: Re: installvztree.sh fails on remove SSH keys

thanks to your help.

On Wed, Apr 06, 2011 at 07:13:57PM +0400, Vasiliy Kulikov wrote:
> On Wed, Apr 06, 2011 at 00:59 -1000, cpb@....log2.net wrote:
> > 1. Fail to remove non-existent host keys in vztree before compression.
>
> That's curious.  These files are generated by openssh-server while
> installing RPM into the vztree root:

Ach! I had /vz mounted with options "nosuid,nodev,noatime" as suggested
in the user wiki. Install of openssh RPM into /vz/vztmp/vztree complains
with "PRNG is not seeded" instead of generating the keys.

Fixed with "mount -o remount,dev /vz", tested OK.
Better (& FASTER!) fix: "mount -t tmpfs -o size=500m,noatime none /vz/vztmp"
This change fixed other problems with /dev/null which were showing up in
the installation log too.

Thanks again for pointing me to the solution.
--
Chris Bopp