Date: Fri, 1 Apr 2011 19:01:29 +0530
From: gaurav kumar <gkt.pro@...il.com>
To: owl-dev@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: Related to GSoC OWL development

Hi, I am interested in contributing to the OWL project of yours. I have
sufficient work experience with the linux OS its user utilities and Advance
Bash Scripting. My sole interest lies in the security aspect of this project
and in fact the other project that I am considering in GSoC (like nmap,
freenet, honeynet) are also related to security. After talking to the
mentors from these project I started doing research on OS security, how they
implement it through memory segmentation and paging and how they are
compromised by rootkits etc, thats was pretty low level stuff. I understand
that kernel development require good knowledge about the low level
programming with the assembly languages and to be able to contribute in
one's development it requires lots of experience not just one month, but
still I would like to ask you if there is any room for me in security
section of OWL project. I can send you the links to projects that I have
done so far, if you want.
--
Regards,

Content of type "text/html" skipped