Date: Sun, 6 Mar 2011 15:59:20 +0300
From: Vasiliy Kulikov <>
Subject: vzctl & inet6

One issue we might want to address when upgrade vzctl as we don't
support IPv6 by default:

"the new vzctl ( adds a line

iface venet0 inet6 manual

to debian based containers in the file /etc/networking/interfaces

but old debian releases (like v3.1) do not know about inet6 in their
script - and as a result also ipv4 ist not established as the
networking-init-script fails on this given line already."

Vasiliy Kulikov - bringing security into open computing environments