Date: Thu, 1 Feb 2024 11:36:57 +0100
From: Christian Brabandt <cb@...bit.org>
To: oss-security@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: Re: Numerous unconfirmed FOSS CVEs disclosed on FD
 mailing list

On Do, 01 Feb 2024, Matthew Fernandez wrote:
> > Please *DO* contest CVE issued for non-security bugs. It helps
> > discourage this kind of bad behaviour if their CVEs get removed. May
> > also help CNA to identify repeat offenders for closer inspection of
> > reports.

I was planning to do this for Vim. However the relevant CVE-2023-45921
has already been classified as rejected without me doing anything yet.

And interestingly, as soon as the CVE was public, it generated some
attention and users have directly asked questions when we will fix it.

Best,
Christian
--
Was man nicht in den Beinen hat, muß man im Kopf haben.