Date: Tue, 17 Oct 2023 01:08:41 +0200
From: Steffen Nurpmeso <steffen@...oden.eu>
To: oss-security@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: Re: linux-distros membership application of
 openEuler

Heiko Schlittermann wrote in
 <ZSzx4s49HaeHFd/e@...per.schlittermann.de>:
 |Marcus Meissner <meissner@...e.de> (Mo 16 Okt 2023 10:08:50 CEST):
 |> Regardless of your viability of subscription status I think we also
 |> (sadly) have to consider current geopolitical issues here.
 |
 |No, we should not consider anything else than technical/security
 |restrictions here.

I fully support this.  It is more than just desirable, but
a question of survival, that people try to act and live together,
no matter what time aka period it is.
If it is not ME and YOU who try to get over, noone will.

 |And adhere the spirit of Free and Open Source (as far as I understand it),
 |that there is no instance that can judge about political, ethical,
 |religious issues. Free means free. Open means open.

Mutual respect and welcomeness.

 |> As far as I understand, US companies and US citizens are not permitted
 |> to work with Chinese organizations and/or Chinese nationals.
 |
 |Any member of the list is free to unsubscribe for whatever reasons.

If the american list members have to live in fear of being
imprisoned or otherwise punished because of the usual suppression,
they could temporarily unsubscribe *LOUD*, and give their place to
members of the second world, like France or Germany, Italy .. or
you name it, each project surely has honourable, trustworthy and
responsible such, until the wind has changed.

--steffen