Date: Thu, 26 May 2022 18:44:38 +0200
From: Norbert Slusarek <nslusarek@....net>
To: Solar Designer <solar@...nwall.com>
Cc: oss-security@...ts.openwall.com, peterz@...radead.org
Subject: Re: CVE-2022-1729: race condition in Linux perf
 subsystem leads to local privilege escalation

>What do you suggest we do regarding the LPE exploit you sent to
>linux-distros?

I saw your reveal of linux-distros from 2020 and the exchange
didn't include any text nor attachments. In that case, the
exploit should remain private to linux-distros accordingly.

>What do you suggest we do with this policy aspect going forward, so that
>people do not get into a situation where they're required to do
>something they didn't want to subscribe to?

How is this policy aspect enforced in the first place?
If it's not, I suggest you remove it entirely as there is no reason
to have policies which cannot (and shouldn't) be enforced.
Overall, as a researcher I would prefer having a way just to inform
distros of a bug, *without* being subject to these requirements.

Norbert