Date: Fri, 23 Nov 2018 18:22:09 +0100
From: Yves-Alexis Perez <corsac@...ian.org>
To: oss-security@...ts.openwall.com
Cc: Wei Wu <ww9210@...il.com>
Subject: fwd: [vs-plain] Kernel heap overflow in bpf leading to LPE (exploit
 provided)

Hi list,

we were notified on the Linux distros list of a vulnerability in the bpf
subsystem of the Linux kernel.

I asked the reported (Wei Wu) if security@k.o had been notified, and
this was done in the following mail, leading Eric Dumazet to suggest
posting this on netdev.

In turn, this has been done just afterwards [1] so the issue is now
public. According to the linux-distros list policy, the original
reporter should also have made the issue public here, but failed to do
that.

I'm posting this right now in order to raise awareness for the
distributions already including 4.19 in a supported release.

As the original mail indicates, an exploit code had been provided by the
reporter, but I intend to wait until a 4.19 kernel including the patch
is released (but not after next Thursday) to publish it as a followup.

Regards,
--
Yves-Alexis

[1] https://marc.info/?l=linux-netdev&m=154290236228315&w=2