Date: Thu, 12 Jul 2018 20:32:31 +0000
From: halfdog <me@...fdog.net>
To: oss-security@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: Re: Libc Realpath Buffer Underflow CVE-2018-1000001 expolit source code for SuSE 12 SP2

Hello Lao,

zrlw@...a.com wrote:
> Hi, i wrote a exploit  base on  halfdog's RationalLove.c, and
> successfully tested on SuSE Enterprise Server 12 SP 2.I want
> send it back to halfdog, but it seemed that my email always
> be rejected(maybe because i'm in china), ...

You message was received technically. I just did not find any
motivation to fetch my messages for half a year. Sorry about that.

> ... may you transfer it
> to halfdog? all the code belong to him. Thanks!LaoWei2018/6/25

Good work! I put it to [0] mentioning it in the text and timeline,
so that it can be found. Send me a note if the text is appropriate
for you. I can also add a link to your blog/additional explanations,
how you managed to create a solution for SuSE.

hd

[0] https://www.halfdog.net/Security/2017/LibcRealpathBufferUnderflow/RationalLove-SuSE12-SP2.c