Date: Tue, 3 Jul 2018 17:13:14 +0200
From: Alexander Potapenko <glider@...gle.com>
To: Vladis Dronov <vdronov@...hat.com>
Cc: oss-security@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: Re: CVE-2018-1000204: Linux kernel 3.18 to 4.16
 infoleak due to incorrect handling of SG_IO ioctl

On Tue, Jun 26, 2018 at 6:54 PM Vladis Dronov <vdronov@...hat.com> wrote:

> Hello, Alexander,
>
> > > I may not got smth correctly, but for now I do not see CVE-2018-1000204
> > > as a security flaw and I believe a reject request to MITRE should be
> > > issued.
> > How do I proceed with this?
>
> I believe it is: https://cveform.mitre.org/ -> Request an update to an existing
> CVE Entry -> Rejection
I've issued a reject request, but the CVE entry is currently marked as
"Disputed" (http://cve.mitre.org/cgi-bin/cvename.cgi?name=CVE-2018-1000204)
Not sure if that's the desired result.

--
Alexander Potapenko
Software Engineer

Google Germany GmbH
Erika-Mann-Straße, 33
80636 München

Geschäftsführer: Paul Manicle, Halimah DeLaine Prado
Sitz der Gesellschaft: Hamburg