Date: Tue, 10 Apr 2018 03:53:17 -0400
From: Gordo Lowrey <gordo@...eval.com>
To: oss-security@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: Re: Terminal Control Chars

On Mon, Mar 5, 2018 at 11:50 AM, up201407890@...nos.dcc.fc.up.pt wrote:
> The correct solution would be to disallow the pasting of certain
> control characters.

I'm just gonna go out on a limb here, and say this is an unfounded
assertion.

Perhaps the correct solution would be to prevent the browser from
copying invisible characters.

If you're going to break some basic mechanic of human computer
interaction, at least don't break my damn terminal (not that I use VTE,
it doesn't support OSC 52, among others), but the principle stands...
Instead of worrying about sanitizing what is pasted, why not worry
about sanitizing what is copied instead?

Thanks.