Date: Wed, 4 Apr 2018 17:55:07 -0600
From: Kurt Seifried <kseifried@...hat.com>
To: oss-security <oss-security@...ts.openwall.com>
Cc: Alexander Popov <alex.popov@...ux.com>, James Morris <jmorris@...ei.org>,
	"Serge E. Hallyn" <serge@...lyn.com>, Brad Spengler <spender@...ecurity.net>,
	PaX Team <pageexec@...email.hu>
Subject: Re: Re: Linux Kernel Defence Map

On Wed, Apr 4, 2018 at 4:17 PM, Kees Cook <keescook@...omium.org> wrote:

> KPTI defends against info leaks and "finding kernel objects" too, in a
> way. Maybe just add a whole "side channels" bubble?
>
> (I think "info leaks" and "finding kernel objects" may need some kind
> of clarifying language for how they're different)

Please use a CWE identifier if one exists (https://cwe.mitre.org/), if one
doesn't exist perhaps we should have one (email me and I'm happy to help
get that ball rolling). Having a CWE not only helps categorize things
correctly but gives us something to point developers at for resources
around flaws and how they can be avoided/dealt with/etc.

--

PGP A90B F995 7350 148F 66BF 7554 160D 4553 5E26 7993
Red Hat Product Security contact: secalert@...hat.com