Date: Fri, 16 Mar 2018 17:41:50 -0700
From: Seth Arnold <seth.arnold@...onical.com>
To: oss-security@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: [cve-request@...re.org: Re: [scr479280] sqlite3 - all; fix is in
 source control but not yet released]

Hello, our friends at MITRE have assigned CVE-2018-8740 to an issue in
SQLite3 that was discovered by OSS-Fuzz working on GDAL.

Thanks to Even Rouault for passing along the issue and D. Richard Hipp
for the fix.

----- Forwarded message from cve-request@...re.org -----

> [Suggested description]
> In SQLite
> through 3.22.0,
> databases whose schema is corrupted using a CREATE TABLE AS statement could cause a NULL pointer dereference,
> related to build.c and prepare.c.

> [VulnerabilityType Other]
> NULL pointer dereference

> [Vendor of Product]
> SQLite

> [Affected Product Code Base]
> sqlite3 - all; fix is in source control but not yet released

> [Affected Component]
> src/build.c, src/prepare.c

> [Attack Type]
> Context-dependent

> [Impact Denial of Service]
> true

> [Attack Vectors]
> A corrupted SQLite3 database file must be accessed.

> [Reference]
> https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/sqlite3/+bug/1756349
> https://www.sqlite.org/cgi/src/timeline?r=corrupt-schema
> https://www.sqlite.org/cgi/src/vdiff?from=1774f1c3baf0bc3d&to=d75e67654aa9620b
> https://bugs.chromium.org/p/oss-fuzz/issues/detail?id=6964

> [Has vendor confirmed or acknowledged the vulnerability?]
> true

> [Discoverer]
> OSS-Fuzz

Use CVE-2018-8740.

- --
CVE Assignment Team
M/S M300, 202 Burlington Road, Bedford, MA 01730 USA
[ A PGP key is available for encrypted communications at
  http://cve.mitre.org/cve/request_id.html ]

----- End forwarded message -----

Download attachment "signature.asc" of type "application/pgp-signature" (474 bytes)