Date: Thu, 25 Jan 2018 11:35:59 +0200 (EET)
From: Aki Tuomi <aki.tuomi@...n-xchange.com>
To: oss-security@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: CVE-2017-15132: dovecot: auth client leaks memory if SASL
 authentication is aborted.

Score: 5.3, AV:N/AC:L/PR:N/UI:N/S:U/C:N/I:N/A:L
Affected versions: 2.0 up to 2.2.33 and 2.3.0
Fixed versions: 2.2.34 (not released yet), 2.3.1 (not released yet)

We have identified a memory leak in Dovecot auth client used by login
processes. The leak has impact in high performance configuration where
same login processes are reused and can cause the process to crash due to memory exhaustion.

Patch to apply this issue can be found from https://github.com/dovecot/core/commit/1a29ed2f96da1be22fa5a4d96c7583aa81b8b060.patch

To our best knowledge, this patch should apply to all versions.

This issue can be mitigated on vulnerably systems by limiting login process to single request per process, which is also the default value.

Regards,
Aki Tuomi
Dovecot oy

Download attachment "signature.asc" of type "application/pgp-signature" (476 bytes)