Date: Mon, 13 Nov 2017 20:13:05 +0100
From: Kristian Fiskerstrand <k_f@...too.org>
To: oss-security@...ts.openwall.com, Solar Designer <solar@...nwall.com>
Subject: Re: (linux-)distros list use statistics

On 11/13/2017 04:10 PM, Solar Designer wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I think it's time for Gentoo and/or Amazon to share with all of us
> the statistics they should have collected so far as per:

>  "13. Keep track of per-report and per-issue handling and disclosure
> timelines (at least times of notification of the private list and of
> actual public disclosure), at regular intervals produce and share
> statistics (most notably, the average embargo duration) as well as
> the raw data (except on issues that are still under embargo) by
> posting to oss-security - primary: Gentoo, backup: Amazon"
>
> Please do.

Hi,

As far as I'm aware I haven't gotten access to edit the wiki page for
publishing it. But the stats Gentoo has recorded are as follows (graph
attached);

Date                                    All
Number of reports                       24
Average embargo time (first public)     10.44
Average embargo time (oss-security)     10.63

This is based on the following monthly data:
2017-06	2017-07	2017-08	2017-09	2017-10
1	3	6	9	5
10.84	34.16	6.39	5.83	9.30
14.16	34.50	6.39	5.84	9.31

The wikified stats based on the generated DocuWiki output is available
in very basic style at the testing instance:

https://wiki.sumptuouscapital.com/doku.php?id=distros_stats

but this deserves a more fitting home (e.g the width isn't a problem on
the wider template) :)

--
Kristian Fiskerstrand
OpenPGP keyblock reachable at hkp://pool.sks-keyservers.net

Download attachment "distros-stats.png" of type "image/png" (31425 bytes)

Download attachment "signature.asc" of type "application/pgp-signature" (489 bytes)