Date: Tue, 03 Oct 2017 22:04:13 +0200
From: Yves-Alexis Perez <corsac@...ian.org>
To: oss-security@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: Re: Linux kernel CVEs not mentioned on oss-security

On Wed, 2017-09-27 at 17:09 +0200, Solar Designer wrote:
> However, if Debian and any
> other distros doing similar have the resources, I'd appreciate it if
> they bring in here info on vulnerabilities in Open Source software that
> they're tracking / are about to patch / have already patched / have even
> issued advisories on, but that haven't been mentioned in here before.

When working on an advisory and update for Debian, I usually scheme through
oss-sec in order to see if the vulnerability has already been discussed here,
or if the package I'm working on has been discussed recently.

I'll try to send a brief summary mail to this list if it happens that the
package and/or vulnerability is not on the oss-sec radar. Something along the
line of “We've just fixed / We're currently in the process of fixing
$vulnerability in $package (CVE-XXXX).

Regards,
--
Yves-Alexis
Download attachment "signature.asc" of type "application/pgp-signature" (489 bytes)