Date: Wed, 5 Jul 2017 13:27:17 -0700
From: Alan Coopersmith <alan.coopersmith@...cle.com>
To: oss-security@...ts.openwall.com,
        Pali Rohár
 <pali.rohar@...il.com>
Cc: Ben Tasker <ben@...tasker.co.uk>
Subject: Re: systemd fails to parse user that should run
 service

On 07/ 5/17 01:03 PM, Pali Rohár wrote:
> On Wed, Jul 5, 2017 at 12:28, Ben Tasker wrote:
>> Honestly, I think upstream have done an *awful *job of handling it so far
>> (and it's far from the only example of Poettering taking the not-a-bug
>> approach questionably). Their issues do have a habit of attracting trolls,
>> but I think sometimes their definition of troll expands to include anyone
>> who doesn't agree with them.
>
> The worst is that fact that discussion about this problem was locked in
> upstream bugtracker.

Honestly, given the level of flaming and trolling that happens on issues
like this, locking the report is the only sane option I can see once
everyone started piling on.   Forcing FOSS maintainers to accept infinite
amounts of shitposting is a horrible way to reduce security by burning
out all FOSS maintainers quickly and leaving software abandoned.

--
	-Alan Coopersmith-               alan.coopersmith@...cle.com
	 Oracle Solaris Engineering - https://blogs.oracle.com/alanc