Date: Mon, 3 Jul 2017 20:37:49 +0200
From: Solar Designer <solar@...nwall.com>
To: oss-security@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: Re: accepting new members to (linux-)distros lists

On Mon, Jul 03, 2017 at 08:31:05AM +0200, Mark Hatle wrote:
> We effectively have one person monitoring the list, with two backup in case of
> vacations.  Occasionally all people are out at the same time (usually national
> holidays.)  I'm happy to offer our help, but as long as my limitations are
> understood then I think this will be beneficial.

OK, let's do it this way: you list some tasks and say whether you'd like
to be "primary" or "backup" for them (could be different for each task),
and we find other distros to fill the other role for each task.

Other distros are welcome to state what they volunteer for in the same
way: choose "primary" or "backup", as long as neither is taken yet.

> Unfortunately I'm on vacation through the end of this week (as are many of us
> that are located in North America.)  So I can get back with what we can help
> with next week.  (If tasks are gone, that is fine.)

OK.  (If tasks are gone, we may nevertheless find some for you, but
you'll have less freedom of choice.)

Thanks,

Alexander