Date: Sun, 2 Jul 2017 21:22:46 +0200
From: Kristian Fiskerstrand <k_f@...too.org>
To: oss-security@...ts.openwall.com, Solar Designer <solar@...nwall.com>
Subject: Re: accepting new members to (linux-)distros lists

On 07/02/2017 07:27 PM, Solar Designer wrote:
> (*) I admit there are things we probably could do better with greater
> effort.  For example, we could rewrite from scratch and release as Open
> Source the encrypted mailing list software, which is currently an awful
> hack.  I wouldn't oppose doing that piece of software development under
> a separate funded project, if capable people were available for that.
> However, I am worried that most teams tasked to work on something like
> this would produce a complex monster, which wouldn't otherwise be
> directly comparable (as in: is it better or worse? is it more or less
> secure?) to the current hack.

To have it mentioned as part of the discussion at least; has something
like http://schleuder2.nadir.org/documentation/v2.2/concept.html even
been considered? and if considered and found not appropriate, the
rationale for it is likely interesting as well.

--
Kristian Fiskerstrand
OpenPGP keyblock reachable at hkp://pool.sks-keyservers.net

Download attachment "signature.asc" of type "application/pgp-signature" (489 bytes)