Date: Wed, 28 Jun 2017 14:03:16 +0200
From: Agostino Sarubbo <ago@...too.org>
To: oss-security@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: lame: multiple vulnerabilities

Hello all.

I discovered some crashes (which will follow one-by-one) in lame.

Lame was fuzzed in the past by someone else so I take the opportunity
during the CVE request to insert also some past bugs.

1) Invalid read - CVE-2015-9099

2) Null pointer dereference - CVE-2015-9100

3) Invalid read - CVE-2015-9100

However, mitre decided that the bug N°3, CVE-2015-9100, can share the
same CVE ID of https://blogs.gentoo.org/ago/2017/06/17/lame-heap-based-buffer-overflow-in-fill_buffer_resample-util-c/

At this point, I'd like to mention that mitre won't assign anymore CVE IDs
for issues related to the Undefined Behavior Sanitizer, unless there are
informations about the exploitability.
http://common-vulnerabilities-and-exposures-cve-board.1128451.n5.nabble.com/Current-standards-criteria-for-Undefined-Behavior-td730.html#a768

The CVE IDs assigned in the past for the undefined behavior issues remain
valid. I will share anyway my findings about the undefined behavior issues.
They include, for completeness, some bugs that regard the frontend. You
can ignore them.

--
Agostino Sarubbo
Gentoo Linux Developer