Date: Wed, 28 Jun 2017 14:03:16 +0200
From: Agostino Sarubbo <>
Subject: lame: multiple vulnerabilities

Hello all.

I discovered some crashes (which will follow one-by-one) in lame.

Lame was fuzzed in the past by someone else so I take the opportunity
during the CVE request to insert also some past bugs.

1) Invalid read - CVE-2015-9099

2) Null pointer dereference - CVE-2015-9100

3) Invalid read - CVE-2015-9100

However, mitre decided that the bug N°3, CVE-2015-9100, can share the
same CVE ID of

At this point, I'd like to mention that mitre won't assign anymore CVE IDs
for issues related to the Undefined Behavior Sanitizer, unless there are
informations about the exploitability.

The CVE IDs assigned in the past for the undefined behavior issues remain
valid. I will share anyway my findings about the undefined behavior issues.
They include, for completeness, some bugs that regard the frontend. You
can ignore them.

Agostino Sarubbo
Gentoo Linux Developer