Date: Sat, 24 Jun 2017 23:26:00 +0800
From: Shawn <citypw@...il.com>
To: oss-security@...ts.openwall.com
Cc: Brad Spengler <spender@...ecurity.net>, pageexec@...email.hu,
	kernel-hardening@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: Re: Re: More CONFIG_VMAP_STACK vulnerabilities,
 refcount_t UAF, and an ignored Secure Boot bypass / rootkit method

Hi Linus,

Not sure how you got the conclusion like "Their patches are pure
garbage."( https://www.spinics.net/lists/kernel/msg2540934.html). I'm
wondering why there's a group of ppl called themselves KSPP got paid
by big corps are still trying to copy+paste PaX/Grsecurity to the
upstream if you think it's a garbage? Did you try to tell KSPP guys to
stop their work( cc'ing kernel-hardening mailinglist)? It's so obvious
to see the most security work( more than just a specific OS)
originally done by PaX/Grsecurity:

https://github.com/hardenedlinux/grsecurity-101-tutorials/blob/master/kernel_mitigation.md

And my customers has been suffering from your philosophical ideas of
"A bug is bug" for too long. I really respect your contributions(
linux kernel/git) to the FLOSS world. But even the open source king
can't change the truth:

https://github.com/hardenedlinux/grsecurity-101-tutorials/blob/master/kernel_vuln_exp.md

btw: You didn't answer Brad's question.

--