Date: Fri, 16 Jun 2017 08:29:38 +0200
From: Andrej Nemec <>
Subject: Re: CVE request: sthttpd remote heap buffer overflow

Hello Alexandre,

Unfortunately, CVE assignments are not done through this list anymore.
You need to visit [1] and request the CVE by filing out the form. Could
you please look at it and let the list know about the assigned CVE?

Best Regards,

Andrej Nemec, Red Hat Product Security
3701 3214 E472 A9C3 EFBE 8A63 8904 44A1 D57B 6DDA

On 06/15/2017 11:33 PM, Alexandre Rebert wrote:
> Hello,
> sthttpd [1], is a fork of thttpd, a small, fast, multiplexing webserver.
> Our fuzzing tools recently found a heap buffer overflow in the request
> parsing code that can be triggered remotely. The patch was recently fixed
> [2], and the bug was introduced in [3].  It seems that it's also affecting
> thttpd 2.25b present in OpenSUSE [4].
> Let us know if you need more information.
> Thanks
> Alex from ForAllSecure
> [1]
> [2]
> [3]
> [4]

Download attachment "signature.asc" of type "application/pgp-signature" (820 bytes)