Date: Sat, 3 Jun 2017 16:20:24 +0200
From: Solar Designer <solar@...nwall.com>
To: oss-security@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: Re: Linux kernel: stack buffer overflow with controlled payload in get_options() function

On Sat, Jun 03, 2017 at 10:08:23AM -0400, Daniel Micay wrote:
> I can't magically guess when someone is or isn't acting on behalf of
> their employer

If/when you feel it matters, you can ask them.

> When people post from @google.com I similarly consider that to be a
> statement from a Google employee. Not *on behalf of Google* but speaking
> as an employee of Google? Definitely.

Fair enough.  I think there's a difference between "speaking as an
employee of ..." (a lot of people often do) and "spokesperson for ..."
(is rarely the case).

> I don't think it was completely unproductive though.

That's my assessment too - "not completely unproductive".

> And no I'm not going to be civil if

That's a problem.  Please do try to be civil no matter what.  If you're
deliberately not being civil when you post in here, that's a reason for
me as a moderator to start rejecting your messages.

And to make it clear: no reply is expected to this message, nor to
anything else in this thread.  Let's end the thread right here.

Thanks!

Alexander