Date: Mon, 24 Apr 2017 20:17:56 +0200
From: Solar Designer <solar@...nwall.com>
To: "Jason A. Donenfeld" <Jason@...c4.com>
Cc: oss-security <oss-security@...ts.openwall.com>
Subject: Re: CVE request: remote heap overflow in linux networking stack

Hi Jason,

On Mon, Apr 24, 2017 at 08:00:10PM +0200, Jason A. Donenfeld wrote:
> Requesting a CVE for [1], a heap overflow I found in Linux.

> [1] https://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/davem/net.git/commit/?id=4d6fa57b4dab0d77f4d8e9d9c73d1e63f6fe8fee

Thank you for bringing this in here.

I've attached the above URL's content in text/plain form, as required by
oss-security content guidelines (actual content must be on the list, not
only included by reference).

The bug is in drivers/net/macsec.c implementing IEEE 802.1AE (MACsec).
I hope it is rarely used and thus rarely exposed, and Linux kernel
support for it is rather new, right?

oss-security is no longer a place to request CVE IDs.  You may request a
CVE ID directly from MITRE:

https://cveform.mitre.org

Once you have the CVE ID, please post it to this same thread in here.

(For non-public issues, it is also still possible to request CVE IDs
along with notification to the (linux-)distros lists, as long as the
primary purpose of giving advance notice to the distros is providing
them with actionable information.  A few of the distros are CNAs, so
they'd assign CVE IDs from their pools.)

Alexander

View attachment "linux-drivers-net-macsec.txt" of type "text/plain" (3175 bytes)